Well, I have survived the first week of Alexa’s freshman year. Despite hours wandering around kind of lost, I’ve gotten some things done:
- I did a painting from one of my photos this summer:
- Listened to 2 audiobooks: Pillars of the Earth & World Without End by Ken Follet. (A total of 86 hours) But I can paint & listen at the same time.
- Did a Zendala for an upcoming art exhibition:
The black background is a board I bought to mount it on. Should I mount it off center? If so, should I do a bit of mooka with yellow paint outside the Zendala or leave it as it?
- Finally tackled a pre-strung tile.
- Walked 27.3 miles (half of what I was doing at the beach) and made it to level 11 in Pokemon Go
- Finished cleaning up from the graduation party and started decluttering. But, I can’t make myself do anything in Alexa’s room.
- Started keeping a journal again. Mostly of all of the cool things Alexa is doing at college.
- Rewatched all of the STARZ Outlander series. Why did they make Brianna a history major instead of an engineer? Makes me think they will not continue the series through all of the books 😦
- And did this week’s Diva challenge: We were to start with a spill. I had no wine, coffee, or tea. I discovered that coke really didn’t work well. Balsamic vinegar was OK, but I didn’t like my tile smelling like a salad, so coke it was.
She’s coming home for the weekend. I can’t wait
Was that TMI? If so, apologies. I am still adjusting to life as an “empty-nester.”